Established in 2004, ACT Players is home to a diverse group of individuals who share a common passion for the “performing arts”, both on the stage and in the wings. We are not simply actors, but directors, pit musicians, producers, costumers, choreographers, light and sound technicians, and most importantly, we are volunteers who support an organization built on core family values, inclusiveness, pride, fellowship, talent, mutual respect, and love for the theater.
Towards that end, ACT Players endeavors to:
• Provide challenging workshops and drama courses to interested students and adults as an enrichment and extension of the community theater program.
• Create quality, educational and cultural experiences for anyone wishing to participate in any area of the theater/performing arts.
• Give young people an appreciation of the performing arts, imparting to them the necessary skills for producing, directing and participating in community theater and other related projects
• Continue to seek opportunity for future growth within our community and to partner effectively with other dramatic organizations.
• Build a true sense of community strength and spirit by utilizing the existing talents of local thespians and providing a creative outlet for aspiring performers.
2018 ACT Players Board of Directors
Geddes Marcano – Vice President
Mala Marcano – Secretary
Teresa Hanrahan – Treasurer
Tim McFeely – Webmaster
And a whole lot of others that donate time and expenses to make ACT Players the wonderful organization it is.